Monday, August 13, 2012

How to Take the Best Shower

I was showering yesterday and realized that I have a very specific routine when I shower for very specific reasons, so I figured I would share.


First of all, it's best to shampoo and condition your before you use body wash. This helps reduce bacne because then greasy conditioner isn't the last thing to touch your body before you step out of the shower.

Every time I shower, instead of just washing my face, I exfoliate it with a scrub to get rid of dead skin and make it as smooth as possible. Personally, I use Clean & Clear scrubs. They seem to work the best for me.

Now, most women know this already, but I'm here to tell you again. When you shampoo, only shampoo your scalp. Your hair doesn't get greasy except for the roots, so you don't need to dehydrate the rest of it! If there's any sort of product in your hair, it will get washed out when you rinse out your shampoo. When you condition, only condition the tail of your would-be-ponytail. If you use conditioner on your scalp, it will only make it greasy. Also, if you don't have a deep conditioner and would like a little more moisture, just leave your regular conditioner in for a few minutes (about three works). The heat in the shower really helps set it in.

As far as shaving goes, don't do it first! Soaking a bit in the shower helps you get a better shave. Don't wait too long though, any more than about ten minutes will cause your skin to swell. This won't allow you to get a close shave. Also, light exfoliating on the areas you shave is beneficial. Areas like your underarms and bikini line are more prone to ingrown hairs. Using something like a washcloth or loofah help to get rid of the dead skin that causes this. Also, if you get razor burn on your bikini line, use cream (such as Bikini Zone) specifically for razor burn on your bikini line or Neosporin to calm it.

One last tip. Make sure when you're using body wash not to get it in your hair. This sucks all of the moisture out of it.

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome blog! Please start posting again! You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just saw this now, which makes it obvious I haven't done much with my blog... But thanks so much for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it (:

      Delete